Saturday, October 25, 2008

I've been reading the blog of a lady who has been diagnosed with Bipolar disorder and 98% of her posts focus on this disorder and how it runs her life. She watches tv shows that bring this disorder into spotlight and sure, there may be a need to educate on such matters and seems to surround herself with people that feed into her web of self-pity. This lady is a self-professed christian. Yet she says in a comment to me, "I am a firm believer in healing, and so is the church I attend. I have been healed on a number of occasions from a number of things. I DO believe that God can heal me, and maybe the way He has chosen to do that is by medication - at least for now. I don't doubt that I can receive a full healing from Him, and that may come. And, if it does, I will rejoice!!! Until then, I will still rejoice!" (By the way, I have read her blog on her bad days and she is not still rejoicing.)

To me it sounds like she is in a church that is so full of religion and religious thinking that her faith has to wade through layers of garbage just to get anywhere! I don't doubt that she really does believe that God can heal her but, she used words like "may" and "if". It caused me to wonder if this church is teaching its congregation to pray the word of God. Use His word in your prayers. Don't just pray "God please heal me". Pray the word of God when you pray. His word does not return void!!!

Healing Scriptures:
2 Tim 1:7, Rom 12:2, Psalm 94:19, 1 Pet 1:13, Phil 4:8, 1 Cor 2:16, Psalm 107:20, Isaiah 53:5, Psalm 103, 1 Pet 2:24, Rom 8:11 and Mt 19:26
to name a few.

There is a battle for our mind everyday; Satan puts in thoughts of lust, strike, suspicion, doubt...You are the deciding factor! Whose thoughts do you meditate on? The devil's or God's? We become what we speak and we speak those thoughts that we meditate upon.

If we speak out that we are this or have that then that is what we are. If we pray and speak out that we are healed (not that we may possibly someday get healed) then our bodies will soon align with our faith. Speak it like it has happened and thank Him for it!

No comments: