Saturday, October 11, 2008

I will NOT compromise!

According to Noah Websters' 1828 dictionary the word compromise means:
1. A mutual promise or contract of two parties in controversy, to refer their differences to the decision of arbitrators.
2. An amicable agreement between parties in controversy, to settle their differences by mutual concessions.
3. Mutual agreement; adjustment.

The things we are to believe are laid out for us in The Bible; they are black and white. I think, then, that it is plain and simple. We can not smudge (adjust)the truth in The Bible and put our own little spin on it, turning God's words for us into different shades of gray to suit our needs! We need to do exactly what God has laid out for us in His word, no if's, and's or but's!

John the Baptist did not compromise his beliefs to try to apease the religious system and neither did Jesus Christ! What happened to them as a result of their uncompromising doesn't deter me from being uncompromising myself! The devil may have cut the head of John the Baptist off and religion may have crucified Jesus Christ but they died without compromising their beliefs and I feel that there is nothing much more honorable than that!

I will not compromise my beliefs to apease the masses because they want some comfy, cozy church service where they get some warm fuzzies because they actually got out of bed on a Sunday morning and listened to their pastor tell them how much God will do for them and how wonderful God can make them! Gag!

I plan to go to each service not only expecting God to show up but wanting to know what it is I can do to serve HIM-not the other way around! I will not base my relationship with God on what He can do for me but on what I can do for Him! He is, after all, my king and who are the servants to expect their king to cater to them?

I will not compromise! I will spend my time and my energy wholeheartedly worshipping, praising and serving my God! You go ahead and sit there waiting for God to do something for you. As for me and my house, we will not compromise the words of The Bible and we will serve the Lord God with all our mind, all our strength, all our soul and all our hearts. Don't tell me by my jumping, shouting and dancing that I am being emotional. What I am doing is personifying the passion that I have for my God! By your sitting there in your little seat and not making an effort in anyway to glorify your king, you are being unemotional. When you have a relationship with your wife or your husband it is emotional; it is fullof passion. Why, then, should my relationship with God be any different?

No comments: